Massage therapy is a natural way to heal the discomfort and pain in your ears. A common way for ear pain to occur is from ear infections. Massage is a great technique to reduce the pain from an ear infection. Going to a massage therapy appointment can work to cure your pain, and you can also perform self-massage on to experience immediate relief from ear pain and infection.
Massaging your ears allows your eustachian tubes to open up. You want your eustachian tubes to be open to promote drainage and get everything moving downward. Massaging your eustachian tubes is a great way to combat ear infection pain. Using a gentle amount of pressure, press lightly on the area along the back of the ear that meets your jawbone, continuously push and release this flap of skin several times to open the eustachian tubes up.
Another method of ear treatment gaining popularity is ear candling. This technique is an alternative therapy where one end of a candle is placed in a person’s ear while the other end of the candle is lit. In essence, this allows earwax and impurities to leave the ear canal.
When it comes to ear pain you experience via ear infection or other aural issues, massage therapy is one of the most rejuvenating and rehabilitating techniques you can use to relieve pain.
Here are some tips for ear and neck self-massage:
1) First, massage your neck, start below your ear and head down toward your clavicle, repeat this motion between 30 to 50 times.
2) Next, alternate turning your head to the left and right in slow and gentle movements. Do this exercise between five to 10 times.
3) Now, by bringing your ear level with your shoulder you can begin to stretch the back of your neck.
4) Clasp one of your hands and then put it behind neck, now, squeeze your neck lightly.
5) Use your fingers to pinch your earlobe gently, once you have ahold of your earlobe pull them down with slight pressure 25 times.
6) Tilt your head up and massage under your chin. Begin with light pressure and slowly build pressure as time goes on. Massage from under your chin all the way to your ears, and then massage your ears. Remember, only use as much pressure as you deem comfortable.
Ear massage is great for both mind and body. Utilize these tips, or book a massage therapy appointment today to get your ear issues cleared up.